Job Title: Head of Marketing 🚀
Location: London, UK
The world is facing a nature crisis. We have lost 85% of the world’s wetlands, 35% of its forests and 65% of its living creatures. Action on nature is the next frontier for sustainability, as the world expands beyond a narrow focus on net zero. natcap is at the forefront of this movement. The company was founded in 2018 and has recently raised funding and poised for significant growth in the near future so looking to expand our talented team.
We are seeking an experienced Head of Marketing to lead our marketing efforts. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in B2B marketing, preferably with experience in nature specifically or related sustainability fields. You will be our first marketing hire and responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive marketing strategy that aligns with our mission and business objectives.
- Strategy Development: Create and implement a comprehensive marketing strategy that includes digital, content, and event marketing to increase brand awareness and generate leads.
- Brand Management: Ensure consistent messaging and branding across all channels, aligning with our core value proposition.
- Lead Generation: Develop and execute campaigns aimed at driving inbound leads, optimizing conversion rates through A/B testing, and continuously improving campaign effectiveness.
- Content Creation: Oversee the creation of engaging technical content that educates our target audience about the nature reporting space and showcases the value of our deep technical expertise and software solutions. See here for an example of our recent nature reporting white paper.
- Social Media Management: Manage our corporate LInkedin presence to increase followers and engagement to ultimately build awareness and drive leads.
- Market Analysis: Conduct market research to monitor what competitors are doing and ensure we are positioned to succeed in the market.
- Team Leadership: With time, build and mentor a high-performing and mission-drive marketing team, that lives by natcap’s values.
- Performance Metrics: Set and report against ambitious KPIs for our marketing efforts focused on driving up unprompted awareness among our target customers, lead generation, lead conversion rates, and driving down customer acquisition cost.
- At least 7 years of marketing experience in a B2B environment, with at least 2 years in a leadership role.
- Alignment with the natcap mission - ideally backed up by experience working on the nature crisis or tackling the broader sustainability agenda.
- Expertise in digital marketing strategies, including SEO/SEM, email marketing, social media, and content marketing.
- Strong analytical skills with experience in market research and data analysis to inform decision-making.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate a team.
- Creativity and innovation in developing marketing strategies that resonate with sustainability reporting teams.
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment, demonstrating a proactive and resourceful approach to achieve results.
Nice to have
- Experience working on TNFD, CSRD, GRI or other nature related reporting frameworks
- Ability to work in person in London for 2 days a week
- Ability to speak major European language (e.g., French or German)
Why Join Natcap?
- Opportunity to help build a fast-growing company
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including equity options
- Chance to quickly grow personally and professionally
- Chance to contribute to the world’s leading solution to the nature crisis
- Regular away days at an offsite location to think about the big picture
- Generous learning and development budget