The world is facing a nature crisis. We have lost 85% of the worldʼs wetlands, 35% of its forests and 65% of its living creatures. Action on nature is the next frontier for sustainability, as the world has to move beyond net zero to nature positive future. NatCap Research is at the forefront of this movement. The company was founded in 2018 and in a short period, we have grown to serve 30 major organisations. We are now focused on building the nature platform for enterprise and finance.
As a Senior Product Engineer joining our small team, you will develop the applications, APIs and associated backed systems that make up our customer-facing product. This is where our ecological modelling, insights and recommendations are delivered. We are obsessed with providing high quality and scientifically rigorous data in a way that is simple and easy to understand, as well as clearly actionable. You’ll work on the full stack of the product, including building new features, prototyping with customers, and solving problems with our scientists to make navigating the vast complexity of nature simple to understand and easy to use.
This is an opportunity to apply your technical skills to the nature crisis in a hugely impactful role that will shape the nature platform that we’re building at NatCap.
In this role, you will:
- Prototype, build and maintain the full-stack product platform and work on our frontend applications (built in React), that our customers use.
- Focus on delivering data insights in an easy-to-understand and actionable way.
- Ensure the product code is high quality, robust, accessible and secure.
- Work closely with engineers responsible for our data catalogue, models and infrastructure to constantly iterate and improve.
We’re looking for:
- You have multiple years of experience in an engineering role.
- You have recent hands-on experience with Typescript and React.
- You are experienced with frontend DevOps practices including CI/CD (GitHub Actions)
- You are keen to learn new technologies to work with our science team.
- You have worked with AWS or GCP.
- You have experience working in an inherently complex domain and on tools for expert users.
- You are a superb communicator, both written and verbal, and are comfortable collaborating across disciplines. You work to create clarity for others.
- You are happy getting your hands dirty outside of your role or comfort zone, if needed.
What you get:
- Opportunity to build a fast-growing company.
- Chance to quickly grow personally and professionally.
- Chance to contribute to the world’s leading solution to the nature crisis.
This role reports to the CTO, Tom. We believe that working from home unlocks huge productivity and collaboration is best in person, so this role is hybrid: we’d like you to be able to come to our office in London at once per month.
This role is flexible in scope: we’re a small team and will need to be highly adaptable and flexible.