natcap is on a mission to accelerate the nature-positive transition by integrating nature intelligence into business decision-making.
As regulatory and societal expectations extend beyond net zero, nature is increasingly recognised as the next frontier of sustainability. However, decisions on nature and biodiversity must be underpinned by robust science, and companies often lack the expertise and resources to understand the best course of action. natcap aims to support these companies by providing the data and scientific insights they need to report and act on nature, and monitor their progress over time. The company was founded in 2018 and, in a short period, has grown to serve major organisations in the UK, Europe and Australia.
We are looking for an exceptional Account Executive to be one of our first commercial hires and help scale our global go-to-market strategy. You will have a track record of helping create, define and operationalise go-to-market strategies, winning and delivering contracts in the B2B space, and are excited by the opportunity to drive forward natcap’s growth in an early market. You are experienced in achieving financial targets and managing client relationships with senior executives at global multinationals and financial institutions. As a key member of the company’s commercial team, you will have the opportunity to shape business success and culture, and will work closely with our Head of Sales and Partnerships.
- Find your way to the right customer profiles at leading logos, educate them about nature and biodiversity, and help them succeed with natcap. You’ll own the full lifecycle, from first outbound to contract signature
- Oversee sales execution including writing commercial proposals and leading contract negotiations to drive revenue growth
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the success of business development efforts, providing regular updates and reports to the Head of Commercial
- Exceed quarterly and annual sales quotas
- Manage our lead generation/sales development technology stack and maintain sales data in (CRM) and other software programs
- Develop the natcap sales playbook —what’s the best messaging? How do we triangulate through the org? What tools do we need?—into a repeatable machine
- Take natcap into core new market segments, especially across Europe
- Become an expert in nature, and educate companies on how they should navigate emerging standards and frameworks (such as TNFD, CSRD)
- Identify and communicate customer requirements to identify value in an early market and communicate them to science and engineering teams to ensure product development remains aligned to customer needs
- Establish and nurture strategic partnerships and alliances with professional service firms, NGOs, and government agencies to drive business expansion and shape the policy landscape
- Monitor and select relevant events for the business to attend. You will be responsible for coordinating event participation and often representing the company to enhance the company's brand and develop new business leads
ABOUT YOU (MUST HAVES):
- 5+ years of experience in Enterprise sales, ideally in the sustainability software industry
- Experience with at least one of: sustainability (e.g., nature/biodiversity), agri-tech, or scientific R&D intensive companies
- Experience in B2B sales in a startup environment or nascent market
- Established European networks (e.g., in Ireland, France, Germany, Netherlands, or the Nordics)
- Track record of delivering sales results, and working on partnerships
- Self-motivated and driven, with a strong entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to generate opportunities and revenue
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment, demonstrating a proactive and resourceful approach to achieve results
ABOUT YOU (NICE TO HAVES):
- Experience in signing and building partnerships with global professional services and technology companies
- Established portfolio of contacts at corporates across the agricultural supply chain (e.g., food and beverage, retail, fashion, and financial services)
- Proficiency in a European language (e.g. French, German…)
- Ability to work in person in London for 3 days a week
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Opportunity to help build a fast-growing company
- Competitive compensation
- Chance to quickly grow personally and professionally
- Chance to contribute to the world’s leading solution to the nature crisis
- Generous leave allowance of 38 days per year (incl. bank holidays)
- Monthly away days at an offsite location to think about the big picture
- £500 learning and development budget
What’s the interview process like?
If your application is successful, the process begins by meeting with the hiring manager to learn more about your experience, natcap and the role. Usual next steps are a skill or experience screen, to further evaluate your applicability to the role. This is then followed by a practical task (e.g. roleplaying a sales scenario), with successful candidates then invited to a virtual or in person interview panel as the final stage.